Today we announced accelerated growth for our email protection business for FY2019 with a $200 million annual revenue run rate and accelerating growth for Barracuda Sentinel, our advanced technology that leverages API integration to protect businesses from spear phishing, account takeover, business email compromise, and fraud. Driven by innovations in detection, response, and automated cleanup to counter the increased sophistication of email threats that occur beyond the gateway, Sentinel sales bookings grew 440 percent year-over-year at the end of Q1 FY2020.
We also released key findings from our new report, 2019 Email Security Trends. Commissioned by Barracuda, the research surveyed global IT stakeholders to capture their experiences and attitudes about the current state of email security. The survey includes responses from 660 executives, individual contributors and team managers serving in IT-security roles in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
- Barracuda Essentials, our all-in-one email security, backup and archiving service, saw 46 percent growth in sales bookings year over year.
- Annual recurring revenue (ARR) for Barracuda MSP’s email protection business grew 122 percent year-over-year.
- 74% of respondents say email attacks are having a major impact on their businesses.
- 78% of organizations say the cost of email breaches is increasing.
Read the momentum press release: Barracuda accelerates growth in email protection
Read the Email Trends report press release: Study indicates email attacks are having a major impact on businesses
Get the report: 2019 Email Security Trends
Read the blog posts:
- Global email security trends
- EMEA IT security professionals are suffering under the pressure of email attacks
- A new innovation wave for email security